Sunday, October 12, 2008

Very Excited

Well...it about a half an hour I start to head out to go to the American Girl Store. Can I tell you, I must not have slept a wink last night. I was up every hour, pretty much on the hour. I am sure that most of the reason was that I was by myself, and Rich wasn't here, sleeping next to me. Because it is rare that we are apart, maybe about 6 nights a year, if that....so I am so used to him being next to me, that I missed him. 

But I am sure that on the other hand, I was too excited to sleep. I finally got out of bed for good at about 6:30, three hours before I needed to be in the lobby to meet my friend and start our walk. I read a little, wrote a little, ran down to the local bagel place to get a bagel and coffee. (toasted poppy seed with cream cheese naturally) Showered, went online, revised my "want list" vs. "wish list." Debated about the snowboarding set vs. the baking set...and figured that why I am kidding myself, I'll probably get both! Read a little more. Went back to my wish list. And now I am here...9:05; twenty five minutes to go. 

My dreams were hazy last night. It was filled with worries. Worries about my friends mostly. Mostly worried about the ghosts and memories for the past. I know that doesn't sound completely well...normal. But it is true! While, I was dreaming, I have a vague impression of this song running through my head...

Dancing bears
Painted wings
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings
once upon a december

Someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully,
across my memory,

(singing aaaaa with the melody)

Someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully,
across my memory,

Far away, long ago
things I yearn to remember
and a song someone sings
Once upon a December

And a song someone sings
Once upon a December .. 

*sighs* I really do need to a find a way to protect my friends, from the ghosts and shadows of the past and their memories. 

No comments: