Sunday, October 5, 2008

Part Two: How to Make a Toothbrush Bracelet

This is number two in my How to Part Series. Typically these are how to things that are pretty much useless to everyone in the public, but well me.

However, they do make for interesting topics.

First off, you need to gather supplies:

You will need: tweezers, a plastic toothbrush, Friends or Dawson's Creek on DVD (which ever is readily available--I only had Friends on DVD, so I chose Season 3-one of the better seasons)




Next, put Friends (or Dawson's Creek on the TV) Since Rich was using the "real tv" I had to make do, with my computer. 



While you are watching Friends, you pull the bristles out of the toothbrush with either your teeth or tweezers. For safety reasons, use tweezers. However, in really tough to remove bristles, I have used my teeth. I am in no way responsible for any chipped or hurt teeth, if you decide to use your teeth.



When you are done, you should have a pile of bristles and a bristle-toothbrush.



Boil water on the stove. Do not mind my messy stove. A clean stove is ideal-especially if you are photographing your creation.



When the water is boiling, place the toothbrush in the pot. Be careful--the toothbrush will be extremely hot when you take it out. Every few seconds, take the toothbrush out and bend it until it makes a circle. It takes me about 10 tries to get it the way I want it. The nice thing is if you don't like it, you can dip and mold it again.



Completed toothbrush bracelet. Give yourself a pat on the back! And wear it with pride!

No comments: