I figured it was another time for a list...since I haven't had one since 101 Things that make me happy
Anyway, the top 20 reasons why I love fall/winter-specifically from October 15th-Valentine's Day (The "holiday months" as I dubbed them).
1. The crispness in the air.
2. The fall smells-yes, there are certain smells for the fall-pumpkin, apple, pear, vanilla, cookies.
3. Baking cookies.
4. Giving presents.
5. People just tend to be happier this time of the year-after all, it IS the most wonderful time of the year.
6. The first snowfall.
7. Making snow angels.
8. Reading by the fireplace. *note to self: get our fireplace fixed before the season*
9. The stillness and solitude of winter.
11. Homemade soup and chili.
12. How the world looks like a fairy princess castle after it snows.
13. The way pure white snow glistens.
14. Homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream.
15. Holiday foods: stuffing, latkes, stuffed cabbage, pierogies, etc.
16. Feeling comfy cozy in big sweatshirts and sweaters.
17. Holiday music.
18. Catching snowflakes on my tongue.
19. The starry sky-it always looks different in the winter.
20. Going pumpkin picking.
Oh, there is plenty more-but I'll stop for now.