Thursday, August 14, 2008

Heartfelt Words

"Sometimes someone says something really small and it just fits into this empty place in your heart."-My So Called Life

 

For some reason that quote resonates with me more then others. I never actually watched the television show, because well...I never really watched television. But I do remember here that when I was younger, maybe 15 or 16, and it stuck with me.

I think the reason it stuck with me, is because of the simple meaning in the quote. Many people take pleasures in big things. Not me. I've always found happiness all around me, in simple little things. Sometimes, people pass them right by, without ever noticing. I also take pleasure and thrive on the little things people say-not so much direct compliments, but meanings in the words. Or, even what they don't say. And sometimes it is true, without them even knowing or realizing what they said, it can make my day. Or week. Or month. Maybe even my year. Those are the comments that I treasure the most, the ones that were being said to me offhand. The ones that simply weren't meant to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and my heart swell and feel all gushy. Those are the conversations that I replay.

People surprise you. They surprise me every day.

No comments: