Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Interesting Conversation

So, yesterday at work, I was carrying a box to be mailed out. You see, since Rich dropped me off, I was taking it the post office after work, so I brought it in so I would drop it off.

My assistant reads the box:

"TLC Doll Hospital? What is that?"

"Well...I am sending my dolls in to get their eye swapped out."

"Why are you doing that?"

"Well, my doll needs green eyes, not blue, so I am sending them both in this box to the doll hospital."

(She inspects the box a little further) "It looks awfully small to have two dolls fit in there."

"There aren't two dolls in there, just two doll heads."

(She spits out her soda/water from laughing so hard.) "So, you are telling me, that in that box there are two doll heads?"

"Yup."

"But what happens when they go through the x-ray machine? Isn't the post office going to be concerned about a box with two heads in it?"

"I don't think so, because people have done it before."

"Okay, so WHY are you doing this again?"

"I told you. I am making a Pam Beesley doll, you know from the show The Office."

"I understand that part."

"Well, first I need to defreckle her."

"Defreckle her?"

"Yes. I removed her freckles."

"Okay, how?"

"Nail polish remover."

"So, lets get this straight. You had the doll. You bought nail polisher remover and q-tips and you sat in your house, defreckling her?"

"Uh huh."

"And then what?"

"Well then I realized Pam has hazel eyes, not blue..."

"So that is when you decided to swap eyes?"

"You got it. And that is why the doll heads are in the box right now."

She just shook her head.

-Jordyn

No comments: