Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good People

Insomnia rears its ugly head again. I actually did manage to fall asleep for a few minutes, but now I am wide awake.

As you know, for the most part in this journal, the public ones at least, I never put names. I don't think it is fair. So, I am more cryptic than anything, which is good.

But someone said something interesting to me today, and it got me reflecting. It was two statements: People are mostly good or people are mostly cruel/bad/substitute your own adjective.

Its funny-some may call me naive or innocent, and that may be true. Trust me, I have heard it enough. But I really do think people are good inside. Bear with me. For the most part, I have a good sense of people-and I do like to surrond myself by people that are good. And for the most part, everyone I know is a good person. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have put up with them. So, out of all the people that I know, the only good people out there? I doubt it. But I do know a lot of people.

I think others want to be good and kind, but sometimes forget how to. Or things have happened to them so much, that they just don't know themselves anymore. For the most part, everyone deserves a chance. Maybe I'm just too optimistic for my own good, but I would just hate to think that people aren't kind. I don't think I could handle it. Maybe I'm just really, really lucky. And along the way in my life, just managed to meet and befriend really good people, kind people. Friends and family that I know if I need someone I can call any minute of the day. People I trust completely.

Everyone needs to have someone like that. Someone that will help them no matter what.

*smiles*

One of my favorite quotes, which I am sure I am butchering again; is from the movie Pollyanna.

"If you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will."

I try to look for the good.

No comments: