Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New York City Trip: Part 1: South Pacific

So, I arrived home from NYC earlier today. I decided to split this entry into three parts, for easier reading (and the extra bonus of skipping unneccessary information).

Last night, I saw the show South Pacific. My dad has been teasing me with those tickets for weeks now. He got them for my grandma for her Mother's Day gift, and there was one, single extra ticket. Finally I got to go.

Well...I have to say...there was nothing like it. We were in the theater by Lincoln Center, and it was just amazing. We were so close to the actors that you could see their microphones and well...as unattractive and yet, cool, as this was; their spit from when they were singing.

The staging and the scenery was amazing. It was just an unbelievable experience.

And due to my mom's love of theater, I think I inherited some of it. Or at least it majorly rubbed off on me. Usually I get to see a show a year on Broadway and at least one local show throughout the year. When I was younger we went to the high school shows, local shows, here and in LBI. So needless to say, I've seen a bunch of shows, however, none like this.

As my dad commented to me last night, this will be an evening that I will remember forever.

 

-Jordyn

No comments: