Monday, June 23, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Well now that I am almost done with a full week of summer vacation, my insomnia kicks in. There are some nights during the year that I just can't sleep-but try to force myself to sleep. But now, I know I don't have to go to sleep-and my body is wired.

Unfortunately, I didn't want to cause TOO much of a distraction looking for my "10 Things I Hate About You" movie-which is one movie, I usually rely on to relax myself. It is upstairssomewhere because when Patrick Verona died this past year, I drove Rich crazy with it playig weekly just like Muhleyworld days-only then Mer and I drove everyone else crazy by playing it nightly, in between our Friends bit. Actually something made me think of Friends today, but I digress. It was probably something so insignificant but so meaningful at that time...*shrugs*

Anyway, so...I put on one of my guilty pleasure movies, that I am almost embarrassed to like. I have a bunch of those movies. I am drawn to sappy, cheesy movies like a moth is drawn to a flame. Rich teases me all the time because of my love for the cheesy holiday movies that ABCFamily plays during the 25 days of Christmas. I know they are bad. I know they are sappy and completely ridiculous, but I am drawn to them...I can't help myself. (And it is not just the good ones like It's a Wonderful Life, or Miracle on 34th Street, or The Santa Clause or The Muppet Christmas Carol-but the ones that either a) have 2-bit actors/actresses or a hasbeen and is trying to reclaiming some fame.

The only holiday movie that I simply refuse to watch is The Polar Express. Mostly because that book has such a special place in my heart, that I just can't bear to watch the movie, and see how they ruined...errr changed it.

So the movie that is one of my more guilty pleasures...

Don't laugh.

 

Now and Then.

 

Completely cheesy. Completely sappy. And I need a box of tissues to get through it. But I have loved it since I was 14.

-Jordyn

No comments: