Monday, May 26, 2008

The Office Part 2, Take 2

Well, I had a fairly long post that just got deleted due to my computer. Figures. I even tried to copy and paste it-but rather, that didn't help at all.

Anyway, back to my office obsession.

I think this is why, primarily I don't like to watch tv. My mom always told me there were a lot of shows, out there that I probably would have liked, but never gave the chance. I agree with it. But I also have an obsessive personality. I see that in my self due to my collections and various other aspects of my life. And when I get drawn into something, primarily it is due to the story aspect of it-whether it is a book, or a movie, or yes, a tv show. I don't have to relate to the story, or even the characters that much;; I just appreciate a REALLY good story. And the ones that I deem REALLY good, I have no problem reading/listening/or watching many, many times. Which ties back to my personality-I have no problem reading Harry Potter 30-50 times, or the book Summer Sisters, every summer since I was 16. (which reminds me, I need to find my copy)-and yet, I STILL cry every time I read it. There are some movies I have seen so many times, they are completely memorized (Beauty and the Beast and 10 Things I Hate About You are two that come to my mind. Although, I think I drove everyone crazy in Muhleyworld with my 10 Things I Hate About You obsession. 

So, for me to interested in a tv show, is not that far-fetched. For myself to be obsessed with a tv show-isn't that far fetched either. I admit it-I can be a complete dork. 

Anyway, so I do see a lot of myself in Pam. I really do. And I have had debates with this topic in mind, but I really don't believe that Pam knows how Jim feels about her, until the very end of the second season. Now, most of this memory reflection is pre-Rich, which dates back to 8 years. Like Pam, I was introverted, and shy; and by no means a flashy dresser. LOL. But I had a few good friends, and they were guys. I was friendly to them, but I would never think that I was flirting with them; I was just being myself and their friend. I didn't know how to flirt-I was being myself. Which may have made me more endearing to them, but I digress. And since I was no expert in flirting, and really didn't actually know how to flirt-I never would have picked up them flirting with me. And my high school friends can attest to that sentiment. They were, in my mind, just reciporcating friendship-by being themselves. 

So, when I see Pam with Roy, who makes me shudder-and how, she is with Jim; she doesn't think anything of it-she is being herself, just like I was. And trust me, unless a guy told me that they liked me; and pretty much HIT me over the head with that sentiment, and even then I was still skeptical. So, I can definitely see her not really acknowledging or even realizing that someone is in love with her.

But I digress...

Anyway, two of some of my favorite quotes from The Office:
"Jim: You just had a rebound.
Michael: I had rebound? Yeah.
Jim: Yeah. Which, don't get me wrong, can be a really fun distraction, but, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

"Jim: [inspecting the hole in the wall] Oh my God, that's half-inch drywall.
Pam: I think we broke his brain. [they both snicker]
Jim: [imitating Andy] "It's not freakin' funny!""

No comments: